3D Printer Policy
The Caroline County Public Library’s 3D printer is available to the public for educational purposes to make 3D objects in PLA or ABS plastic using a design that is uploaded from a digital computer file.
1. The 3D printer may be used for lawful purposes only. Customers will not be permitted to use the printer to create objects that are:
• Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
• Unsafe, harmful, dangerous or that may pose an immediate threat to the well being of others; for example, guns, knives or other possibly lethal weapons.
• Obscene or otherwise inappropriate items for the library environment.
2. The Caroline County Public Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
3. 3D printing at the library will cost $1.00 per object and an additional $.20 per gram to offset the cost of materials and maintenance of the 3D printer.
4. Items printed from the 3D printer that are not picked up within seven days will become the property of the Library. A customer who does not pick up their print forfeits all future rights to use the 3D printer.
5. Customers may only use the printer alongside designated library staff or volunteer coaches. Use of the 3D printer is at the discretion of the designated library staff.
6. Supervision of the use of the 3D printer by library staff does not constitute knowledge or acknowledgment of any unapparent final use of the 3D product and the library specifically disclaims any knowledge thereof.
The Library is not responsible for any object created with use of the 3D printer, including any harm or injury incurred as a result of any usage of the 3D printer or the object printed.
Approved by the Board of Library Trustees August 17, 2016