Bulletin Board & Pamphlet Table Policy
The Central Library in Denton, North County Branch in Greensboro, and the Federalsburg Branch have bulletin boards and some pamphlet space.
1. Informational posters and pamphlets may be displayed in the library under the following conditions:
Information/materials are welcome from:
• Government agencies
• Non-profit organizations
• Non-profit organizations sponsoring events which are open to the public, whether the events are free or not
• Educational providers
• Events given to benefit non-profits or charities
• Cultural events
Information/materials that are not accepted:
• Political posters. A poster announcing an informational meeting to be held by a political candidate at a specific time and place, open to all, is acceptable. A poster encouraging the public to vote for a particular candidate is not.
• Announcements of events not open to the general public. This would include membership meetings of service organizations.
• Notices from anonymous groups or individuals.
• Signs over 8 ½ x 11 inches are discouraged.
• Signs for events that are 3 or more months in the future.
• Signs for lost pets.
• Notices of business or services for profit, whether home-based or out in the community.
2. Both the Central Library and North County Branch have display cases.
• Display Cases are for library use only.
Revised and approved by the Board of Library Trustees June 8, 2016