Meeting Room Policy
Caroline County Public Library has meeting rooms and a Central Library Computer Training Lab available for public use. These areas are designated primarily for cultural, civic, or educational purposes that support the Library’s mission. All Library properties, including meeting rooms, are to remain alcohol, tobacco/e-cigarette, drug and open-flame free.
Eligibility for Meeting Room Use:
1. Meeting rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
2. Meeting rooms must be reserved by an adult eighteen or over. An adult must be present throughout the meeting.
3. Monthly meetings may be scheduled for up to one year. Weekly meetings may be scheduled for up to eight weeks.
4. Meetings at the Federalsburg branch may be requested for Monday through Thursday. Meetings at the Central Library in Denton may be requested for Monday through Saturday. No meeting rooms are available on Sundays.
5. Private parties and individuals may reserve the meeting rooms during Library open hours only and may be required to pay a security deposit.
6. Compliance with Meeting Room Responsibilities and the Library Rules of Conduct is required.
6. A library card is required to check out a key prior to use if the reservation is outside of regular Library open hours.
The meeting rooms, Computer Training Lab, and restrooms are ADA compliant. If you need special accommodations to use the library, please let us know.
Denton: The Large and Small Meeting Rooms are located on the second floor and are accessible by elevator or stairs. The Computer Training Lab and study room are located on the first floor of the Library.
Federalsburg: The Meeting Room is on the second floor and is accessible from Park Lane.
Wifi is available at all locations.
CENTRAL LIBRARY, DENTON
Computer Training Lab
The Central Library in Denton offers an enclosed Computer Training Lab on the first floor during open hours, consisting of 12 computers and a projector screen. A projector is available upon request. Additionally the Computer Training Lab has a large conference table that seats up to 12 people.
The Central Library in Denton offers a glass-enclosed Study Room on the first floor during open hours for small groups up to 12 people. The Study Room is ideal for small meetings, tutoring, conferencing, webinars, and quiet study.
The large room seats 80 and the small room seats 20. Combined, the rooms seat a total of 100. Each meeting room has access to a kitchen and audiovisual equipment for use on site. The kitchen contains a refrigerator and microwave.
The Federalsburg Branch meeting room seats 75. The meeting room has a kitchen and audio-visual equipment for use on site. The kitchen contains a mini-refrigerator and microwave.
GREENSBORO COMMUNITY CENTER
The Greensboro Community Center, where the North County Branch is located, offers a meeting room which seats 45. To reserve the room, contact the Maryland Rural Development Corporation (MRDC) at 410-482-2585. All arrangements, including entry, should be made with MRDC. Meeting room and restrooms are ADA compliant.
1. Library programs and events receive first priority at all locations.
2. The Library reserves the right to regulate the frequency of room use by any group or individual in order to ensure equitable access to eligible applicants.
3. The Library reserves the right to change or cancel a room reservation to accommodate a library function, renovation, power failure, or emergency closure. The Library will make every effort to provide adequate notice and will attempt to find a convenient alternate date or meeting location.
4. Reservations for the Computer Training Lab must be pre-approved. To schedule the computer lab, call or email the Library.
5. Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance. Groups or individuals who cancel meetings without notifying the Library may be restricted from future room use.
1. The person in charge must check in at a public service desk upon arrival during open hours.
2. Use of the room must begin and end as indicated by the reservation.
3. Use of the room must not interfere or disturb library operations. Music and noise must be at acceptable levels.
4. Children must be supervised at all times by an adult 18 years or older.
5. Tables and chairs are available. The group is responsible for setting up, arranging, and taking down tables and chairs. Nothing may be attached to walls or ceiling.
6. Meeting rooms must be left neat. Trash must be removed from meeting rooms. A group or individual who damages Library property is liable for costs incurred.
7. Library telephones are for emergency use and after-hours entry only.
8. Non-compliance with any of the above may limit or restrict future use of library meeting spaces.
Fees and Donations:
1. Non-profit organizations and government agencies may use the rooms at no charge. Donations are greatly appreciated.
2. Others will pay the charges listed below. A security deposit of $100 may be required.
3. Payments may be made at or before the time of the reservation. Rooms may not be used until payment is received.
4. Payments may be made by cash, check or credit card (in-person only). Mail checks to Caroline County Public Library, 100 Market Street, Denton, MD 21629. Write “Meeting Room” on the memo line.
|Central Combined Large/Small Room||$75/up to 4 hours|
|beyond 4 hrs additional $75|
|Federalsburg||$50/up to 4 hours|
|beyond 4 hrs additional $50|
|Central Large Room||$50/up to 4 hours|
|beyond 4 hrs additional $50|
|Computer Training Lab||$50/up to 4 hours|
|beyond 4 hrs additional $50|
|Central Small Room||$25/up to 4 hours|
|beyond 4 hrs additional $25|
1. Payments may be made at or before the time of the reservation.
2. Payments may be cash, check, or credit card.
• Checks may be made payable to Caroline County Public Library. Check can be mailed to:
Caroline County Public Library 100 Market Street
Denton, MD 21629
3. If requesting a refund, please fill out a Refund Request Form within thirty days. You may print this and mail to the above address or fill out and save the file, then email to email@example.com with the subject MEETING ROOM REFUND REQUEST.
1. The Library is not responsible for any injury to persons or damage to property resulting from the use of Library facilities.
2. The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
3. Any individual or organization using a Library meeting room agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Library and the Library Board of Trustees for any and all liability that may arise from the use of its premises.
4. The library may require the purchase of Tenant User Liability Insurance by the individual or organization using a library meeting room.
The Board of Library Trustees retains the right to revoke, at any time, a reservation for what it deems an adequate reason.
The Library Executive Director must approve exceptions to this policy. Appeals to this policy should be directed to the Library Executive Director.
Revised and approved by the Board of Library Trustees May 4, 2016